Jasper, a retired professional sportsman, discovered the transformative power of Pilates following a career-ending injury. Now, he dedicates his time to teaching Pilates to fellow athletes and fitness buffs, driven by his passion to help others reach their fitness milestones through this discipline.
Hey there! If you're looking to learn Pilates online, you've come to the right place. There are plenty of fantastic online sources that can help you master the art of Pilates from the comfort of your own home. Here are some of my top recommendations:
1. Want Pilates: Our website, Want Pilates, is a treasure trove of Pilates resources. We offer a wide range of articles, tutorials, and videos that cover everything from Pilates basics to advanced techniques. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, you'll find valuable information and guidance to enhance your Pilates practice.
2. Online Pilates Classes: Taking online Pilates classes is a great way to receive professional guidance and instruction. Many studios and instructors now offer virtual classes that you can join from anywhere in the world. These classes are often interactive, allowing you to ask questions and receive personalized feedback. Look for classes that cater to your skill level and goals, whether you're a beginner or looking to challenge yourself with advanced exercises.
3. YouTube Channels: YouTube is a goldmine for Pilates enthusiasts. There are numerous channels dedicated to Pilates instruction, offering a wide variety of workouts and tutorials. Some popular channels include Pilates Anytime, Blogilates, and The Balanced Life. These channels feature experienced instructors who provide clear and detailed instructions, making it easy for you to follow along and improve your Pilates skills.
4. Pilates Apps: If you prefer learning on your mobile device, there are several Pilates apps available that offer comprehensive workout plans and instructional videos. These apps often have features like progress tracking and customizable workouts to suit your needs. Some popular Pilates apps include Pilatesology and Pilates Anytime (which also has a website).
5. Social Media: Don't forget to check out social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. Many Pilates instructors and studios share valuable tips, tutorials, and mini-workouts on their social media accounts. You can follow hashtags like #Pilates or #PilatesAtHome to discover new content and connect with the Pilates community.
Remember, consistency is key when it comes to learning Pilates. Set aside regular time for your practice and be patient with yourself as you progress. With dedication and the right resources, you'll be well on your way to becoming a Pilates pro!
I hope these recommendations help you on your Pilates journey. Enjoy your practice and have fun exploring the wonderful world of Pilates!